Book Lovers Café will be suspended after Community Read.
Book Lover's Cafe – Everyone is welcome to join this library sponsored book group. We meet on the first Monday of the month to discuss both fiction and nonfiction books recently published in paperback. The library purchases extra copies that may be requested from the catalog. We discuss the book selected but also spend time talking about any book a member has read and possible choices for the months ahead. We are interested in hearing about your good reads! For more information contact Cris Wilson, 344-4608 or email.
To visit the Kit Keeper home page click here.
Here's how to end scrounging for enough book group copies. Just check out a Book Club Kit from the Library. It's quick and easy and each kit contains 8-10 copies of a book. Book Club Kits are an exciting service that will be offered by Jefferson County Library and Port Townsend Public Library.
What are they?
Ten copies of a title are packaged in a plastic tote and get checked out by a representative of a book club. The kits will be checked out for eight weeks allowing plenty of time for a club to distribute and read the book.
How do clubs reserve a title?
A member of the club will place a hold on the title. For a list of titles click here. We are now able to offer your group a way to plan ahead and create one hold or several holds in advance for the kits you are interested in borrowing. You will find a direct link to each title to reserve in Kit Keeper from the library catalog. Click on the linked-text "RESERVE THIS KIT". Directions and calendars are there on the Kit Keeper home-page here.
For Reader's Guides with author information and questions use the links at the bottom of the page. If you would like help please ask a staff person.
Interested in donating a kit?
Here are two easy ways you can contribute. Write a check for $125, payable to The Friends of the Port Townsend Public Library, and submit it to the library. Or, you can donate 10 new or next-to-new copies of a title your group loved.
The Port Townsend Library Community Read is a community-wide reading and discussion program to encourage all residents to enjoy the same book. The selection will be announced in February. Information on past Community Reads:
- 2013 Community Read Contents May Have Shifted
- 2013 Teen Community Read Life Is So Good
- 2012 Community Read Winterkill
- 2012 Teen Communty Read Blank Confession
- 2011 Community Read The Forest Lover
- 2011 Teen Community Read Thirteen Reasons Why
- Online magazine for booklovers - including reviews, previews, "behind the book" backstories, author interviews and reading guides.
- Great site for readers and book recommendations.
- Nancy Pearl is a librarian with a love of books so strong it has been officially classified as lust. No matter the mood, moment or reason, she can recommend the perfect literary companion.
- A fiction and nonfiction database that provides subject heading access, reviews, annotations and much more for over 120,000 fiction titles.
- Contains enhanced subject access for over 60,000 fiction titles aimed at the K-8 population.
- Local reviews by our members and staff.
Discussion Group Guides from Book Publisher